- This event has passed.
CFPs: Multiple Panels and Roundtables at the International Congress on Medieval Studies
Numerous panels and roundtables at ICMS focus on disability and related topics like illness and healing; all proposals are due September 15.
Relevant panels and roundtables include:
- Medieval Galicia: Infectious Diseases and Sick People on the Camino de Santiago and Other Routes (virtual panel)
- The Two Faces of Illness: Suffering and Miraculous Healings by Holy Individuals (in-person panel)
- Reclusion and Disability (virtual panel)
- Mutual Aid and the Middle Ages (virtual panel)
- Ableism, Presentism, and Teaching Medieval Disability (virtual roundtable)
- Disability in the Global Middle Ages (virtual panel)
- Neurodiversity and the Medieval (virtual roundtable)
- Body, Mind, and Matter in Medieval Scandinavia (two-part virtual panel)
- Medieval Disability, Modern Ableism (blended roundtable)